Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Film Fatale / Some Like it Hot


Source

Glamour visited my hometown last weekend. Film Fatale hosted a screening of Some Like it Hot at The Model, as part of the North West Film and Music Festival. Guests participated in the evenings spectacle by togging out in 1920s and 1950s inspired gear. Before the film chanteuse Derby Browne sang a set of Marilyn songs. Afterward, The Andrews Sisters' Brothers played a DJ set with tunes from the 20s to 50s.


Derby Browne


Anna of Film Fatale

I relished the chance to do something different with my make-up and hair (a hairdresser called Mairead, based in Streedagh, Strandhill takes the credit for the hair). I'm currently reading Letters Between Six Sisters, a collection of letters between the notorious Mitford sisters from the 1920s-90s, edited by Charlotte Mosley.




Nancy, Unity & Diana Mitford

I've been looking at a lot of photographs of the sisters, included in the book, particularly portraits of the sisters in the late 1920s and 30s. Note the cupids bow lips, dark eye-makeup and tailored, slim eyebrows. I watched pixiwoo's Clara Bow inspired video for some professional inspiration and went at it! Of course I wasn't sacrificing my eyebrows, so I just drew them on with an eyebrow pencil.

I'm not used to wearing such heavy, dramatic make-up but when an event calls for glamour, I respond accordingly.







My dress is Noa Noa, my coat is Peter O'Brien from the 2009 A-Wear collaboration, and my earrings are last year's Topshop. The little black beaded bag was a gift, but it was from Accessorize.


Source

6 comments:

  1. you starlet; please teach me how to pose like that x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look so lovely! sounds like a great night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Zoe, I remember you from the night now! I'm a massive fan of the Mitfords, have you read Mary S Lovell's book about them? It's my favourite. Thanks for dropping by my blog, looking forward to following you : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just absolutely stunning!!! Adore the hair so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look fucking phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete